Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Back Again

Ok, I know I just posted something but I just remembered what I wanted to talk about. My wife knows I love everything financial and it's true. One of my latest discoveries is MicroPlace.

I actually had known about MicroPlace.org for several months, but only recently have I contributed/invested money. Basically you loan money to organizations who loan money to smaller organizations who loan money to poor people around the world starting/expanding businesses. The best part is that I earn interest (much higher than most banks) and get all my money back after 3 or 6 or 9 or 12 months or whatever I pick. Not too bad. For instance I loaned money to India, Sub-Saharan Africa, and Central America. Don't mind if I do.

I guess my feeling can be summed up by one of my favorite quotes of all time: "I am my own favorite charity" --The Millionaire Next Door. Don't think that I'm a prideful money lover, first you have to have read the book to understand the context. I just think that I know how to use/grow my money better than others, so I will and then bless people with that growth too.

Anyway, I hope that doesn't bore you to death, but I love helping others in this way. Let me know what you think.

Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment