Thursday, April 16, 2009

Hello Spring?

Well, I thought we welcomed spring last month. It was here, I just know it...it must have gotten scared. It's April 16, 2009 and it snowed yesterday and all night long. Just look at the pictures...


Hawaii is about a week away and I'm really excited! But, to tell you the truth, I'm more excited to go to Iowa. I know, I know, Iowa seems boring...especially when you compare it to the likes of a Hawaiian vacation...but it's normal life that excites me. I'll be with my husband (the best one in the whole world...yes, I'm biased) and we'll have our dog Edward.

W
e'll have a normal life of work, play, and no homework! I like simplicity and Jordan's grateful for that.

Life is pretty good when you live well within your means and allow yourself to enjoy what's right now, what's simple, and what's real. For a long time I was convinced that it was normal to allow the views of others to determine your actions but as I grew up I realized that that kind of thinking is exactly what gets America into a whole bunch of trouble. Why can't Americans be happy with what they have? Is there a rule that says you have to keep the "Jones" family as your best friend and best competition? Who ever said you have to keep up with them anyway? Screw the Jones' stuff...I don't need what they have and I won't let myself believe any differently. (Unless they have two+ dogs...then I'll have to convince Jordan that we do need what they have =].)

I suppose I'm done with my rant...and now, on to the glory...of NO CLASSES UNTIL FALL SEMESTER!! Well, I suppose that's not entirely accurate. I'll be taking an independent study course or two but it's nowhere near as intensive as getting up to go to class every day. I'm so glad I don't have homework and there are only four tests to study for. I'M ALMOST DONE! How glorious is that? And a vacation coming up too...what more could I want at this moment? ...maybe a chocolate orange...

1 comment: