Monday, April 26, 2010

We made it!

Hey everyone! This will be our last post in the U.S. for a while. We leave for Taiwan on Thursday morning. I still can't believe we are leaving in 3 days because it doesn't seem real, but I am still excited.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous. Taiwan will be easy, I speak the language and I've been there before both as a missionary and as a civilian. I am nervous about Bali and Thailand but I keep telling myself not to worry because many Europeans seem to survive there.

Megan and I have spent the last few days driving up here to Anacortes, Washington. We stopped at friends' houses in Boise and Portland. I love all the friends I have. While in Portland I met with a fellow KPMG'er who graduated from BYU. He's way funny and really helped me feel comfortable with joining KPMG (along with the partner who used to live in Taiwan). He has a downstairs suite that he rents out once in a while. We are so lucky that it's empty now and we'll be living with him during the 2 months of the internship! I was worried that we'd have to find a month-to-month apartment somewhere and live on a blow-up mattress. This way is much cheaper now and we'll live in a nice neighborhood with a great view.

The only downside? He lives in a city that no one in Portland has ever heard of. It's called "Happy Valley, Oregon." Really. Megan and all of her friends have never heard of it, so I just tell people "Clackamas" and they know where I am talking about. It's a few blocks away from the mall where I bought Megan's engagement ring (and saved a ton of money on Oregon's lack of a sales tax!!!).

Well, I guess everyone have fun here in America and we'll talk to you when we get back June 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment